Vitamin D-Lite Therapy
Vitamin D perhaps is the single most underrated nutrient in the world of nutrition.
That’s probably because it’s free: your body makes it when sunlight touches your skin. Drug companies can’t sell you sunlight, so there’s no promotion of its health benefits. Truth is, most people don’t know the real story on vitamin D and health. So here’s an overview taken from an interview between Mike Adams and Dr. Michael Holick.
Vitamin D is produced by your skin in response to exposure to ultraviolet radiation from natural sunlight . The healing rays of natural sunlight (that generate vitamin D in your skin) cannot penetrate glass. So you don’t generate vitamin D when sitting in your car or home. It is nearly impossible to get adequate amounts of vitamin D from your diet. Sunlight exposure is the only reliable way to generate vitamin D in your own body.
The further you live from the equator, the longer exposure you need to the sun in order to generate vitamin D. Canada, the UK and most U.S. states are far from the equator. People with dark skin pigmentation may need 20 – 30 times as much exposure to sunlight as fair-skinned people to generate the same amount of vitamin D. That’s why prostate cancer is epidemic among black men — it’s a simple, but widespread, sunlight deficiency.
Sufficient levels of vitamin D are crucial for calcium absorption in your intestines. Without sufficient vitamin D, your body cannot absorb calcium, rendering calcium supplements useless. Chronic vitamin D deficiency cannot be reversed overnight: it takes months of vitamin D supplementation and sunlight exposure to rebuild the body’s bones and nervous system . Even weak sunscreens (SPF=8) block your body’s ability to generate vitamin D by 95%. This is how sunscreen products actually cause disease — by creating a critical vitamin deficiency in the body. It is impossible to generate too much vitamin D in your body from sunlight exposure: your body will self-regulate and only generate what it needs.
Having kidney disease or liver damage can greatly impair your body’s ability to activate circulating vitamin D. The sunscreen industry doesn’t want you to know that your body actually needs sunlight exposure because that realization would mean lower sales of sunscreen products. Even though vitamin D is one of the most powerful healing chemicals in your body, your body makes it absolutely free. No prescription required.
Diseases and conditions caused by vitamin D deficiency:
- Osteoporosis is commonly caused by a lack of vitamin D, which greatly impairs calcium absorption.
- Sufficient vitamin D prevents prostate cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, depression , colon cancer and schizophrenia .“Rickets” is the name of a bone-wasting disease caused by vitamin D deficiency.
- Vitamin D deficiency may exacerbate type 2 diabetes and impair insulin production in the pancreas.
- Obesity impairs vitamin D utilization in the body, meaning obese people need twice as much vitamin D.
- Vitamin D is used around the world to treat Psoriasis.
- Vitamin D deficiency causes schizophrenia.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder is caused by a melatonin imbalance initiated by lack of exposure to sunlight.
- Chronic vitamin D deficiency is often misdiagnosed as fibromyalgia because its symptoms are so similar: muscle weakness, aches and pains.Your risk of developing serious diseases like diabetes and cancer is reduced 50% – 80% through simple, sensible exposure to natural sunlight 2-3 times each week.
- Infants who receive vitamin D supplementation (2000 units daily) have an 80% reduced risk of developing type 1 diabetes over the next twenty years.
Sunlight exposure is truly one of the most powerful healing therapies in the world, far surpassing the best efforts of today’s so-called “advanced medicine.” There is no drug, no surgical procedure, and no high-tech procedure that comes even close to the astonishing healing power of natural sunlight. (Compiled by Mike Adams , based on an interview with Dr. Michael Holick, author, The UV Advantage)
You Can Increase Vitamin D Production
There are ways of increasing Vitamin D production during the Fall and Winter, safely and easily. Vitamin D Light therapy has been proven to significantly treat the symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder by providing the light that your body simply isn’t getting in the darker, drearier months. Vitamin D lights are largely recommended for the treatment of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
The increased exposure to bright light causes the body to produce the Vitamin D it otherwise lacks in the darker months, allowing your body to function normally, with a very short and easy to manage daily dose. Vitamin D Light therapy assists your body to stay on track, enabling you to live a fuller life, regardless of the time of year. They allow you to feel energized and alert, eliminating the threat of Seasonal Affective Disorder.
A one-hour session is $ ??
The products and services offered by Wellness Essentials do not have medical claims to cure illness or disease. All clients should consult their physician before engaging in any of our services as they deem necessary. In the event you use this information without your doctor or health practitioners approval you prescribe for yourself. This remains your constitutional right. Wellness Essentials assumes no responsibility.