The body has the ability to heal itself when it is not loaded with toxins. Colon Hydro-Therapy is an important and beneficial way to clear toxins from our systems. In addition Colon Hydro-Therapy can help give our body the boost needed to replenish vital systems and organs, including the immune system, the digestion, and our skin.
What is Colon Hydro-Therapy?
Colon Hydro-Therapy is a gentle cleansing of the large intestine. Colonics have beneficial effects on physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. This relaxing procedure uses warm, filtered water to eliminate bacteria and toxins from the body. The toxins are drained through a closed system ensuring comfort and dignity.
When we eat over processed foods, our intestines produce mucus to help digest and eliminate these foods. However, over time, the mucus thickens and hardens, creating bloating, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulitis, and other intestinal complications. When the colon is cleaned over a series of treatments, years of poor food choices and poor health can be offset. This, in turn, allows the intestines to clean themselves, restore peristalsis, and begin proper nutrition absorption.
Using purified water, at various temperatures, a small, lubricated tube is inserted into the rectum. Water is slowly allowed in until fullness occurs. The water is then released out, under its own pressure, taking with it the wastes in the colon. This gentle process is repeated for approximately 30-40 minutes, with alternating water temperatures that stimulate the most efficient cleansing of the colon area. This process can be observed through a clear elimination tube. All pieces used during this procedure are disposable.
The Many Benefits Derived from Colon Hydro-Therapy
Besides cleansing and restoring the muscle tone of the colon, and the entire system. Colon Hydro-Therapy re-hydrates the body, which helps other organs (kidneys, liver, lymphatic, etc.), function more efficiently.
A good colonic is equivalent of 20-30 bowel movements, so it may take a few days for the bowel to eliminate again after a colonic. This is normal. After having a colonic, people report strong feelings of well being and lightness. Along with changes in diet and exercise, a series of colonic irrigation’s can contribute to better health and increase energy. The effect of colonics can be seen in better eliminations, weight loss, clear skin, and increased energy levels. As the body acclimates itself to the colon hydro-therapy process, more toxic material is removed with each treatment.
During fasting, toxins accumulate more quickly in the bloodstream, and colonics can assist in speeding up the elimination of accumulated toxins from the colon, improving both the comfort and efficiency of the fast.
Why cleanse the colon?
The foods we eat today are over processed and do not have sufficient fiber to promote peristalsis, which empties our colon efficiently. The use of white flour, meats, fatty foods, sugar, salt, colorings and additives and the lack of sufficient fruits and vegetables in our daily diets creates stagnation, constipation, diarrhea, and many other toxic conditions.
When the colon is cleansed, over a series of treatments, years of poor food choices can be offset by giving the intestines a chance to clean themselves out, restore peristalsis, and begin proper nutrient absorption. This process is aided significantly by better food choices in our daily menus as well.
New research has recently refocused medical attention on the importance of our digestive tract and bowel integrity in the quest for good health. Proper colon health comes not only from cleaning the bowel, with colon therapy but rebuilding the fundamental health of the intestines with good diet and other aids to the proper absorption of the nutrients in our food (acidophilus, etc.)
In times past, knowledge of the bowel was more widespread and people were taught how to care for the bowel. Knowing the ways of keeping the bowel healthy, and in good shape, is the best way I know to keep away from the grip of disease and sickness
~ Dr. Bernard Jenson
The Signs of Poor Colon Function are Numerous
Tissue Cleaning Through Bowel Management
The colon along with the skin, kidneys and lungs is an organ of elimination. If bowel movements are not regular, our health can be compromised. Good health is as much a function of our elimination status as the quality of the food we eat.
Colon Hydro-Therapy Suggested Diet One Day Prior to Session
Drink vegetable or fruit juice for the entire day.
Take 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Refrain/limit solid food, if hypoglycemic, some steamed vegetables may be eaten.
Day of Session
- Eat solid food up to 2 hours prior to session.
- Drink plenty of water.
After receiving Colon Hydro-Therapy it is important to:
- Avoid gas-forming foods for 2 days. Bananas, beans, broccoli, cabbage, carbonated beverages, cauliflower, cucumbers, melons, raw apples, onions, peppers, and unripe fruit typically trigger gas.
- Eat lightly cooked foods for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Pureed (blended) soups, lentils, or brown rice with lightly steamed vegetables or drink fruit smoothies, or eat fresh fruit.
- Do not combine fruit with any other foods.
- Always chew your food completely to help with digestion.
- Add a digestive enzyme to your supplements and take with every meal.
- Do not eat dairy, white flour, refined sugar, or animal flesh (chicken and fish are included in this category) on the same days as your session – preferable for 3 days. If you must eat meat, eat organic meat.
- Have plenty of fruit, vegetable, salads with olive oil dressing, and whole grains or animal protein.
- Replace intestinal flora (friendly bacteria) with a pro-biotic supplement. Friendly bacteria live on the walls of intestine and vagina. Pro-biotics are necessary for proper digestion and absorption of food. These healthy bacteria protect the body from infection and disease. Eat yogurt with live cultures for several days.
- Drink plenty of liquids, at least 64 ounces of spring water (water, juices, herbal tea, electrolyte liquids).
- Avoid strenuous exercise the day of your appointment.
- Try to wait 1 hour after colonic to eat.
- Your next elimination is usually within 1-3 days
- Begin dry skin brushing. This helps stimulate the lymphatic system located under your skin. Concentrate on the abdomen, underarms, chest, and behind the knees. These areas contain clusters of lymph nodes
- Take a bath with Epsom salt. Dissolve in a full tub of warm water. Perform the dry skin brush first. Epsom salt helps to move waste material from our skin into the water.
Make a habit of doing this at least 3 times per week.
The products and services offered by Wellness Essentials do not have medical claims to cure illness or disease. All clients should consult their physician before engaging in any of our services as they deem necessary.
In the event you use this information without your doctor or health practitioners approval you prescribe for yourself. This remains your constitutional right. Wellness Essentials assumes no responsibility.
Wellness Essentials uses FDA Registered equipment which utilizes sterilized, disposable hoses and speculum’s. These disposables are used only once during a single therapy session.
A one-hour session is $60
4 sessions = $200 / $50 a piece (save $40!)
10 sessions = $450 / $45 a piece (save $150)